Thursday, May 15, 2008

It's all comin' up Dave!

I love New York so much. I think the world is telling me to move here.

Last year, I came for a week visit. Right around the same time as now. Everything worked out perfectly. So perfect. I can't imagine more things falling into my lap. Tickets. Deals on things. Bumped to business class on the way home. It was perfect.

So, I was pretty pumped to be coming back. Although, a little bit bummed that the show situation wasn't going to work out a bit better. Let's see...Islands is next Saturday and it didn't make sense for me to hang around just to see that show. Devotchka is on Tuesday night but I just saw them (and you should too) and I already have Yankee tickets for that night. Les Savy Fav will be playing right around the time I fly out on Wednesday. Black Kids are playing on Monday but I just saw them and it's probably not worth seeing them again (not that they're bad). I was thinking about Los Campesinos! on Monday, but they're a bit annoying, although supposedly good live. Anyhow...

I took one last look at Pollstar this morning before I left. I've been listening to Titus Andronicus a whole bunch over the last week or two and it's a super bad-ass album. Anyhow...today they were JUST announced as the openers for the Los Campesinos! show. I hadn't even left Vancouver and shit was working out. I bought a ticket and I'm pumped.

So, I dressed up nicely for the airplane ride and I showed up with 100% certainty that I was going to get bumped up to business class. I had a voucher that would get me into the lounge and I figured a nice smile and not looking like a bum was all I needed. I actually got a little bit depressed halfway through my check-in as it didn't look like it was going to happen. But...as she gave me my ticket, there it was. Business class. I love you Cathay Pacific.

I've been here for 2 hours and I'm super pumped. Peter and Ruth's appartment is massive and I have my own room (for now). I'm really hungry though, not at all tired and I'm kind of locked in as I don't have a set of keys. Oh well.

Here's the view from their window.

No comments: