Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I might be down $5000.

I don't have much to add with this years Ucluelet trip. A few new photos.
I did catch a really big salmon though. 28 pounds. It took a while to get it in the boat. After it was all done the guide asked me if I'd managed to purchase a ticket for the Ucluelet fishing derby. I didn't. It was the largest salmon up to that point in the season in Ucluelet (that had been reported) so there was a good chance I could have won the $5000 prize for the month of June. Oh well. I'm hoping somebody can bring something in before the end of the month so that I don't feel too badly about not buying a ticket.
The fish was so big that this guy couldn't even swallow the head. It took him a few minutes to wrestle it in to manageable pieces. There were birds and eagles diving at him. It was a bit of a scene.

No comments: